The Cry of the American Woman

January 21, 2017 – Women’s March on Washington

If you are reading this, I am sure that you have previous knowledge of the historic gathering of women (& men) which occurred in locations all over the world this past Saturday. I am also fairly positive that you have already formed your opinion on whether or not you supported The March and all that it stood for. And with that being said, I am not writing today to discus or persuade varying political views or opinions on The March.  I can almost promise you that you and I won’t agree somewhere down that road, and that is ok.

I am writing today because I have heard the cries of American women.

Over the past 48 hours, I have read through countless posts on Facebook, Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, Fox News, CNN, and several other blogs and news articles. I have seen genuine passion for causes proclaimed by thousands of women. I have also watched as hateful, rash, crude and disrespectful words pour out in memes, comments, photos and videos — from both sides of the fence. There is no denial that women across the globe face unimaginable fears and hardships, and I won’t pretend that I fully understand the magnitude of suffering that millions face each and every day.

But I can say that my heart breaks for you.

My heart breaks you who shed tears for equality, respect, safety, and security.  My heart breaks that you should spend your days wondering if your life matters and if there is anyone who would care enough to listen. My heart breaks that your hope for a brighter future has been shattered by the results of this past presidential election.

And for you who perhaps don’t understand what all of the fuss is about and agonize in disgust over the crowds gathering in cities across the globe, my heart breaks for you, too.

You see, no matter which side you are on, our nation’s hope has been placed in a god who cannot and will never solve and heal our humanistic yearnings, aches and pains — The US Government.

For the past eight years, the democratic party held substantial control in our governing offices, and as a result, many legal changes were made in regards to the rights and privileges of American minorities and underprivileged. Hope for a better future seemed to be within the grasp of millions who felt abandoned, neglected, mistreated, and unheard. For them, a beautiful promised land was on the horizon.

However, in a dynamic turn of events, a republican candidate who did not share the same governing vision as his democratic predecessor or opponent won the 2016 Presidential Election.

Instantly the beautiful promised land and hope for many fell and shattered on the ground.

Anger, fear and sorrow swept like wildfire across our country. Hope seemed to be gone, and who was to blame? Fear and uncertainty of what the future held for women, immigrants and other minorities emboldened many to rise up and protest the political agenda of our new president.

While on the other side of the spectrum, many stood up and rejoiced at the change of power in office and what the future held for their country.

If you are reading this today and feel either safe or threatened by our government- then this is for you. No matter who you are, or what your stance is, the issue remains the same. Who or what have you put your hope and faith in for your future?

If you have put it in anything but Christ, whatever or whomever that may be, I can promise that it or they will fail you. On this earth, you will never be safe, never be treated with respect, never be considered equal, and never be secure. Why? Because humans are selfish, sinful, and will always break their promise to keep you safe, equal, respected and secure.

At this point I am sure many of you disagree terribly with what I am saying, and have probably stopped reading, but if you are still here, then please hear this. If you consider yourself to be a Christian man or woman in this nation (yes, I am preaching to myself as well), it is time for us to get off of our rears and go be Jesus to someone. Christians have sat by for far to long as they have let men and women search blindly in the dark for someone or something that will fulfill their yearning for a better life. We have arrogantly scoffed and looked down upon humanity who doesn’t agree with us spiritually or politically, and get upset when others think differently than we do. I am not asking you to compromise your beliefs, just posing a challenge to go out and share with humans the same grace, love, and humility that our Savior did when he came to earth over 2000 years ago. This is not a plea for acceptance, it is a plea to reach outside of your comfortable Christian American life and shine a light that leads to true hope and fulfillment – the gift of a life in Jesus Christ. Where the only true and lasting hope, fulfillment, safety, security, purpose, will be found.

Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again.The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” – John 4:13-14

Will you hear the cry of the American woman?

Julia

Design, Decor, and DIY Blogger since 2015

Other posts

• Estas amuze ĉar ĝuste la uzado de centralizitaj servoj faciligas al iu ajn(ĉu esperanta organizo ĉu entrepreno) kontroli vin kaj kion vi faras dum vi estas enreta, ĉio estas en unu sama loko ĉu povus esti pli facile..kaj nun programoj kiel openSentry eĉ pli faciligas la aferon.kaj forgesu privatecon..en centralizitaj servoj la viaj datenoj ne plu estas viaj datenoj..mi invitas legi |

• Gerade wollte ich für unsere 16-jährige Tochter so ein Konto eröffnen, da hieß es, das Angebot gilt nur für Leute ab 18 Jahren!Für jüngere ist das “Start”-Angebot zwar kostenlos, aber es gibt auch keine 100,– €.Frechheit!

• Good post. I learn something new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon everyday. It’s always helpful to read through content from other writers and use something from other sites.

• What’s Going down i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & assist different users like its helped me. Great job.

• thank you suki – i've thought about placing them on top of simple wooden frames to give the sense that they are like those birch board panels… they will find a way onto the wall – the simpler the better:)thank you jeannie! xolove j

• Carol comentou em 3 de dezembro de 2009 às 21:12. Julia,acho que meu primeiro comentário não pegou!pedi informações sobre o pó, mas logo depois vi uma resposta sua sobre ele.perguntei também sobre a cor, que cor o Light Medium corresponde no studio fix!brigadaabeijos

• And considering Mrs. Coulter was all "Let's throw this baby down a well" or something (clearly I don't remember John Faa/Ma Costa's story), whereas Lord Asriel still seems to care somewhat about her survival if not about an actual emotional connection, Stelmaria seems a good bet.

• I think he meant the holiday of Sukkot. And wishing him a happy one is just fine: Sukkot is a joyous harvest festival, during which we leave our solid homes and live and eat in sukkot,temporary and flimsy dwellings, just as the Israelites did during their 40 years in the desert. It shows our trust in God, trust that He protects us with his clouds of Glory now, as He did then. It's quite amazing to walk around in Jerusalem and see a sukkah on every balcony, in every corner of a courtyard, decorated beautifully by the children. You must come visit…

• > andréLe turc moderne est çingene ; au début du siècle on écrivait çingâne (ou چنگانه, avant l’adoption de l’alphabet latin), d’où votre “tchinguiané”, orthographe que l’on rencontre sous la plume de certains orientalistes. Cette forme ancienne – et littéraire – colle bien sûr de plus près au mot grec.

• Dear Anu,your blog is a feast to the eyes and soul. a beautiful post. i loved that squeezed out lemon halves next to arbi fry. a fabulous spread, very well written… thanks for sharing!

• Danke für das Lob.Ja die Änderung bei der Brotproduktion ist schon bemerklich, allerdings ist das ja eigentlich auch recht schnell wieder korrigiert. Sollte zumindest später nur am Platz scheitern, Gold müsste ja genug da sein

• La medicina prepaga donde estan mis padres, ambos mayores de 80 años, el mes pasado, al momento de la cuota, dejó una nota diciendo que este mes, se elevaría un 25% la cuota. El 23 de este mes vence la cuota con ese aumento. Se debe pagar este aumento?agradecere me hagan la aclaracion, porque segun me dijo el cobrador, la ley no estaba en vigencia.

• Sniping is not constructive criticism. When referring to others, tone is the critical element, and yours is always reverential.The women featured on your blog are definitely ladies (and very cool chicks!). At 61, I hope to be as elegant and creative as they are for the rest of my years.

• Che i piemnotesi abbian fatto male a fare l'Italia è per me, che son piemontese, un fatto storico incontestabile.Ma parlare dei piemontesi come dei mostri e dei meridionali come di povera gente vessata è tipico del meridionalismo piagnone e del revisionismo a tutti i costi, che non ha nulla a che vedere con la ricerca di prove e documenti o nuove interpretazioni.I miei avi han fatto l'Italia, col sangue e sul campo di battaglia. Io avrei preferito che morissero per una causa migliore. Ma ormai è così facile accusare i piemontesi…

• Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

• I’ve been making my husband’s aunt’s recipe w sliced almonds for 30 years – but not often, because the oil bothers me. Melted butter – brilliant! Walnuts instead of almonds – the logs will be easier to slice. I’m heading to the kitchen this minute!

• Haha, rupes naurattaan tuo EBBA! :DItsehän aina ostan kans äidin antamilla synttäri- tai muilla lahjarahoilla jotain lapsille tai perheelle. 😀 Viimeksi, kun äiti antoi mulla rahaa, niin painotti, että käytä itseesi, koska edellisen kerran passitin lahjarahoillani miehen ja pojan Stuntshowhun.Vaan nyt menen sitten kasvohoitoon, mitä todella tarvitsen- naama kuin murrosikäisellä, eikä yhtään seksikäs olo. :/

• Hah! No but same guy! Yes, that was Unmasked. He was playing bass along to the record while he was dubbing it for me, but his bass bled through. I listened to the bloody awful version of Unmasked for…jeez. 3 years maybe? I’m trying to think of when it was reissued on cassette and I’m thinking ’88. So I had the awful version for about 3 years and nothing else.

• COMMENTS (127)

1. look auto insurance Blackwood NJ 28th July 2017 at 7:00 am -

2. auto owners insurance Montgomery TX 28th July 2017 at 6:28 am -

Olá Rafael,a convicção de que se consegue algo é o maior fator de sucesso.Se eu próprio não acreditar que sou capaz, ninguém irá acreditar por mim Fico feliz que tenha gostado do artigo.Abraços

3. cheapest auto insurance in Charleston SC 28th July 2017 at 3:53 am -

4. auto insurance quotes FL 28th July 2017 at 3:01 am -

5. cheap non owners insurance in Holland MI 27th July 2017 at 8:35 pm -

6. full coverage car insurance Lyndhurst NJ 27th July 2017 at 4:49 pm -

7. auto insurance quotes Mooresville NC 27th July 2017 at 7:01 am -

I will be putting this dazzling insight to good use in no time.

8. us agency car insurance Humble TX 27th July 2017 at 6:57 am -

I don’t even know what to say, this made things so much easier!

9. car insurance in Avondale AZ 27th July 2017 at 4:28 am -

Whoever wrote this, you know how to make a good article.

10. car insurance rates Bloomington IL 27th July 2017 at 3:18 am -

With the bases loaded you struck us out with that answer!

11. Boy that really helps me the heck out.

12. direct auto insurance Greer SC 26th July 2017 at 9:19 pm -

Now I know who the brainy one is, I’ll keep looking for your posts.

13. affordable car insurance Lexington SC 26th July 2017 at 8:07 pm -

Your article was excellent and erudite.

14. cheap car insurance quotes Hammond LA 26th July 2017 at 6:54 pm -

Not bad at all fellas and gallas. Thanks.

15. That’s a smart answer to a tricky question

16. direct auto insurance Elmhurst NY 26th July 2017 at 3:44 pm -

Whoever edits and publishes these articles really knows what they’re doing.

17. cheapest auto insurance Evanston IL 26th July 2017 at 11:41 am -

I can’t hear anything over the sound of how awesome this article is.

18. car insurance quotes Bardstown KY 26th July 2017 at 11:09 am -

Articles like this really grease the shafts of knowledge.

19. low income car insurance Northridge CA 26th July 2017 at 2:40 am -

How neat! Is it really this simple? You make it look easy.

20. us agency car insurance Coos Bay OR 25th July 2017 at 11:23 pm -

If I were a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, now I’d say “Kowabunga, dude!”

21. Home run! Great slugging with that answer!

22. We’ve arrived at the end of the line and I have what I need!

23. Good to see real expertise on display. Your contribution is most welcome.

24. These topics are so confusing but this helped me get the job done.

25. look auto insurance Carrollton TX 25th July 2017 at 11:11 am -

At last, someone comes up with the “right” answer!

26. car insurance West Hartford CT 25th July 2017 at 10:33 am -

Your answer shows real intelligence.

27. free auto insurance quotes Mansfield TX 25th July 2017 at 10:12 am -

This is crystal clear. Thanks for taking the time!

28. best car insurance in Wenatchee WA 25th July 2017 at 9:51 am -

I’m shocked that I found this info so easily.

29. full coverage auto insurance Bensalem PA 25th July 2017 at 8:20 am -

I’m so glad I found my solution online.

30. It’s wonderful to have you on our side, haha!

31. best car insurance in West Chester PA 25th July 2017 at 2:30 am -

You’ve really captured all the essentials in this subject area, haven’t you?

32. What liberating knowledge. Give me liberty or give me death.

33. car insurance Edgewood MD 24th July 2017 at 9:48 pm -

Intelligence and simplicity – easy to understand how you think.

34. low income car insurance Shakopee MN 24th July 2017 at 9:26 pm -

Kewl you should come up with that. Excellent!

35. auto insurance Flushing NY 24th July 2017 at 8:19 pm -

That’s a clever answer to a tricky question

36. cheapest car insurance in NY 24th July 2017 at 6:08 pm -

If I were a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, now I’d say “Kowabunga, dude!”

37. non owners auto insurance quotes Lutz FL 24th July 2017 at 12:37 pm -

I reckon you are quite dead on with that.

38. Now I’m like, well duh! Truly thankful for your help.

39. car insurance in Astoria NY 24th July 2017 at 11:03 am -

Smack-dab what I was looking for-ty!

40. Yup, that’ll do it. You have my appreciation.

41. low income car insurance dmv Lansdale PA 23rd July 2017 at 11:05 pm -

I bow down humbly in the presence of such greatness.

42. car insurance quotes Missouri City TX 23rd July 2017 at 4:36 pm -

Touchdown! That’s a really cool way of putting it!

43. cheapest car insurance in Oakland CA 23rd July 2017 at 1:58 pm -

God help me, I put aside a whole afternoon to figure this out.

44. car insurance in Palm Bay FL 23rd July 2017 at 12:57 pm -

That’s really thinking at an impressive level

45. car insurance Palm Desert CA 23rd July 2017 at 8:27 am -

Why do I bother calling up people when I can just read this!

46. low income auto insurance Sheboygan WI 23rd July 2017 at 7:57 am -

The purchases I make are entirely based on these articles.

47. cheap car insurance Morganton NC 23rd July 2017 at 6:59 am -

That addresses several of my concerns actually.

48. look auto insurance Pearcy AR 23rd July 2017 at 6:24 am -

With all these silly websites, such a great page keeps my internet hope alive.

49. cheapest car insurance Cordova TN 23rd July 2017 at 4:41 am -

I can’t hear anything over the sound of how awesome this article is.

50. auto insurance rates Laredo TX 22nd July 2017 at 9:28 pm -

That hits the target perfectly. Thanks!

51. My problem was a wall until I read this, then I smashed it.

52. auto insurance quotes Laurel MD 22nd July 2017 at 3:14 pm -

That’s a slick answer to a challenging question

53. I never thought I would find such an everyday topic so enthralling!

54. Articles like this make life so much simpler.

55. affordable auto insurance Houma LA 22nd July 2017 at 11:48 am -

If not for your writing this topic could be very convoluted and oblique.

56. Hey, killer job on that one you guys!

57. auto owners insurance Dundalk MD 22nd July 2017 at 9:01 am -

Short, sweet, to the point, FREE-exactly as information should be!

58. free car insurance quotes NM 22nd July 2017 at 5:38 am -

Knocked my socks off with knowledge!

59. low income car insurance dmv Desoto TX 22nd July 2017 at 4:59 am -

That’s really thinking at an impressive level

60. car insurance Poughkeepsie NY 21st July 2017 at 6:24 pm -

If you wrote an article about life we’d all reach enlightenment.

61. best auto insurance in Lancaster NY 21st July 2017 at 4:37 pm -

Now I’m like, well duh! Truly thankful for your help.

62. full coverage auto insurance De Pere WI 21st July 2017 at 12:50 pm -

Wow, that’s a really clever way of thinking about it!

63. affordable auto insurance Wenatchee WA 21st July 2017 at 12:07 pm -

No question this is the place to get this info, thanks y’all.

64. auto insurance quotes Canton OH 21st July 2017 at 12:03 pm -

That’s an ingenious way of thinking about it.

65. car insurance in Concord CA 21st July 2017 at 6:35 am -

You really found a way to make this whole process easier.

66. car insurance quotes Secaucus NJ 20th July 2017 at 11:05 pm -

A wonderful job. Super helpful information.

67. best auto insurance in Antioch TN 20th July 2017 at 9:40 pm -

This shows real expertise. Thanks for the answer.

68. full coverage car insurance Longwood FL 20th July 2017 at 8:14 pm -

Reading this makes my decisions easier than taking candy from a baby.

69. cheap auto insurance Villa Park IL 20th July 2017 at 7:47 pm -

That’s more than sensible! That’s a great post!

70. auto acceptance insurance Fenton MI 20th July 2017 at 7:31 pm -

You’ve got it in one. Couldn’t have put it better.

71. auto insurance rates Troy MO 20th July 2017 at 5:12 pm -

Great stuff, you helped me out so much!

72. best car insurance in Oakland CA 20th July 2017 at 2:29 pm -

Thanks for introducing a little rationality into this debate.

73. affordable car insurance Camp Hill PA 20th July 2017 at 2:26 pm -

That’s a cunning answer to a challenging question

74. car insurance B M Goldwater A F Range AZ 20th July 2017 at 1:50 pm -

Thanks for spending time on the computer (writing) so others don’t have to.

75. car insurance in Pikeville KY 15th July 2017 at 11:09 am -

76. direct auto insurance Lindenhurst NY 15th July 2017 at 10:40 am -

That's awesome! So many familiar faces! And you look so sweet and down to earth (love that you are smiling with teeth showing in a sea of dead serious folk hehe)!Have a great day!Jen

77. La medicina prepaga donde estan mis padres, ambos mayores de 80 años, el mes pasado, al momento de la cuota, dejó una nota diciendo que este mes, se elevaría un 25% la cuota. El 23 de este mes vence la cuota con ese aumento. Se debe pagar este aumento?agradecere me hagan la aclaracion, porque segun me dijo el cobrador, la ley no estaba en vigencia.

78. auto insurance Taylors SC 15th July 2017 at 6:58 am -

79. affordable car insurance Texarkana TX 15th July 2017 at 6:14 am -

Everyone’s case is different (and insurers don’t all operate the same way), so don’t gauge your progress or likelihood of settlement by stories from other people in your area.

80. cheap non owners insurance Dalton GA 15th July 2017 at 4:21 am -

I told my grandmother how you helped. She said, “bake them a cake!”

81. That’s a quick-witted answer to a difficult question

82. This is what we need – an insight to make everyone think

83. car insurance 14th July 2017 at 8:15 pm -

84. look auto insurance Lansdale PA 14th July 2017 at 7:32 pm -

85. car insurance rates Mount Vernon NY 14th July 2017 at 6:21 pm -

Knowledge wants to be free, just like these articles!

86. cheap car insurance Monterey Park CA 14th July 2017 at 5:02 pm -

87. Stunning creation Mandy, I so love the design and embellishments you have used, Tilda looks amazing, I have this stamp but have yet to ink her up, I love this big time.hugsLorraine x

88. list of car insurances in Longmont CO 14th July 2017 at 12:46 pm -

We’ve arrived at the end of the line and I have what I need!

89. No question this is the place to get this info, thanks y’all.

90. like Miguel said I'm shocked that anyone can earn $4946 in four weeks on the computer. did you look at this site link (Click on menu Home more information)

91. list of auto insurances in Alameda CA 14th July 2017 at 11:10 am -

92. car insurance quotes Phenix City AL 14th July 2017 at 10:05 am -

Your answer was just what I needed. It’s made my day!

93. car insurance quotes in homestead FL 07th July 2017 at 10:28 pm -

94. I have the greatest respect for Carlos and enjoyed this brief and informative glance at current trending web based 3d tech. Perhaps a more mobile centric orientation could be applied to the next installment. It’s going to be big man!Thanks edge and nice to hear from you again C4.

95. cheap insurance companies for students 07th July 2017 at 6:11 pm -

Wow! Great to find a post with such a clear message!

96. cheap car insurance by the month 07th July 2017 at 5:40 pm -

Good points all around. Truly appreciated.

97. pay for a month car insurance 07th July 2017 at 11:20 am -

I hate my life but at least this makes it bearable.

98. how much will my car insurance be 07th July 2017 at 6:39 am -

Finding this post. It’s just a big piece of luck for me.

99. good cheap insurance companies 06th July 2017 at 9:55 pm -

100. affordable auto insurance 06th July 2017 at 4:39 pm -

Deadly accurate answer. You’ve hit the bullseye!

101. hay day diamond and coin generator 06th July 2017 at 12:38 pm -

This has made my day. I wish all postings were this good.

102. fifa 12 ultimate team coins hack pc 06th July 2017 at 12:19 pm -

Fell out of bed feeling down. This has brightened my day!

103. free coins fifa 15 xbox 360 06th July 2017 at 12:16 pm -

Hey, killer job on that one you guys!

104. Nelson dijo: 29 marzo 2009 listo viejo liver era ke no habia configurado bien el archivo,..,te reitero un tuto mi pana para saber como se puede instalar todo esto sin rekerir red,..,se cuida man y gracias creame ke no tengo como pagarle

105. free chips myvegas slots 06th July 2017 at 8:13 am -

106. favorite blog posts to this community. I still refer back myself to my five part series on “The Littlest Naturalists” — activities for parents and young children in the wild outdoors. In pieces like

107. get free coins habbo hotel 06th July 2017 at 6:24 am -

Nydelig:)) Jeg har termin om 1 uke og krysser fingrene for at jeg vinner:)) Det jeg ville kjøpt er den som heter Lille barn Ulldress i rosafarger:) Den var nydelig!Klem J.

108. pokemon soul silver coins cheat 06th July 2017 at 5:27 am -

Great insight. Relieved I’m on the same side as you.

109. fut coins free 06th July 2017 at 3:58 am -

110. fifa 15 online coin generator 06th July 2017 at 2:09 am -

go to battery and data manager click on data delivery and uncheck data enabled. I had to turn off phone and turn it back on. It’s working now.

111. Alright alright alright that’s exactly what I needed!

112. download 8 ball pool coins hack 06th July 2017 at 12:00 am -

Sharp thinking! Thanks for the answer.

113. free coins in wizard of oz slots 05th July 2017 at 11:47 pm -

114. yoville free coins 05th July 2017 at 11:03 pm -

Never seen a better post! ICOCBW

115. fifa 15 coins hack xbox 360 05th July 2017 at 10:34 pm -

That’s an ingenious way of thinking about it.

116. fifa 15 coins ipad 05th July 2017 at 8:52 pm -

That insight solves the problem. Thanks!

117. how to get free coins on fifa 16 ps3 05th July 2017 at 8:13 pm -

Nature is at its best when seen through your own back door. How fortunate we all are to have a door to open to view this awesome world. Their are so many without the the warmth of ones own shelter.

118. dungeon 05th July 2017 at 7:53 pm -

It’s always a pleasure to hear from someone with expertise.

119. Your post is a timely contribution to the debate

120. madden 16 coin generator 05th July 2017 at 6:07 pm -

This website makes things hella easy.

121. walking dead game hack download 05th July 2017 at 4:40 pm -

Lot of smarts in that posting!

122. webzen 05th July 2017 at 4:31 pm -

No more s***. All posts of this quality from now on

123. 8 ball pool hack tool for pc 05th July 2017 at 4:08 pm -

124. It’s a pleasure to find someone who can identify the issues so clearly

125. http://goanalyze.info/jfa.jp 05th July 2017 at 2:46 pm -

I wish more people would write blogs like this that are really fun to read. With all the fluff floating around on the net, it is rare to read a blog like this instead.

126. http://www.onlinekreditberechnen.pw/ 05th July 2017 at 2:16 pm -

You’ve got to be kidding me-it’s so transparently clear now!

127. look auto insurance bay city 29th June 2017 at 3:19 pm -

Gytixas Nesugeba obuoliai isplesti visos galios is iphone . Manau jeigu normalus softas butu tai ir pats iphone net kelis kart spartesnis butu 🙂